The third season of the standalone mobile game, Rocket League Sideswipe, has finally gone live. After this car-soccer game’s success in its first two seasons, Season 3 was highly anticipated by Rocket League fans. Amongst the new additions this season, the new Spectator Mode undoubtedly steals the highlight. It is an addition that could potentially take Sideswipe Content and esports to the next level. Our step-to-step guide will tell you all about spectator mode and how to spectate Private Matches in Rocket League Sideswipe.
Rocket League Sideswipe Spectator game mode
The Rocket League Sideswipe Spectator Mode allows users to spectate Private Matches. Sideswipe is meant to be played with friends. The sole purpose of this game is to make this a fun experience for you and your friends. So even when two of your friends are in the middle of an Online Match, you can now join in and spectate all the action from your mobile device, provided you are the Creator of the Party.
In simple terms, this new addition allows creators and tournament hosts to view the Match and record perspectives. When we are in the middle of a match, we don’t get time to analyze our moves. By allowing users to watch a Private game from the sidelines, the Spectator Mode has made it easier for them to analyze those matches to up their own game. To top it up all, this new mode could be a powerful new tool for content creators and take Sideswipe-related content to new heights.
How to Spectate Private matches in Rocket League Sideswipe
1. Add Friends to your Friend List
First things first, you need to ensure that your friends who will compete against each other are added to your Friend list. To add a Friend to your list:
- Tap on the Humanoid icon on the top right corner of the in-game home screen.
- Click on the Add Epic Friend option and enter your friend’s username on the pop-up menu. This would send a request to your friend. He can accept the same by navigating to the Request tab.
2. Invite Friends to your Party
Next up, you need to Party Up with your friends. To do so, you need to follow the below steps:
- Again tap on the Humanoid icon to view your friends and invite them for partying up by tapping on their username.
- Select “Invite to a Party” from the drop-down list that appears. An invite notification would pop up on your friends’ home screen. By clicking on Join, they can successfully party up with you.
Note: Your friends need to be online. Or else, you cannot party up with them.
3. Initiate the Party Match between your two friends
Once you guys have partied up, the Creator of the Party, i.e. you, needs to start a Party Match.
- You will find a Party Match option just above the Play Button, tap on that to initiate a Party Match.
- In the next step, you can choose who amongst your buddies will be the Spectator and even decide who will play as the Home side/Away Side. You can do all these by navigating through the buttons in the Shortstack. If you want to spectate the game, you need to tap on the Spectate tab beside your username.
- Once you are done, tap on the Start Match button, and you are all set.
Note: Only the creator of the Party gets to decide all these. If you want to spectate games, you need to initiate the Party invites from your side or ask the friend who is initiating the same to set you as a Spectator before starting the Match.
The developers at Pysonix studios deserve huge credit for gradually incorporating all the PC version features of Rocket League into mobile. The new Spectator mode can prove to be revolutionary for content creators. The way they are improvising with the content each season, fans would be eagerly looking forward to Season 4. Follow these simple steps and experience the joy of watching the game from the sidelines.
If you face any technical difficulties in Rocket League Sideswipe, hit us up in the comments section. We would be happy to resolve them!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter and Google News for quick updates