Brawl Stars introduced Basket Brawl as a summer based seasonal game mode in season 7 of the brawl pass, Jurassic Splash. The game mode is inspired by the suggestions from the community and Chief Pekka is credited as the brains behind the game mode. After the season ended the game mode was removed from the game and it makes a return in Season 11.
In this Brawl Stars Basket Brawl guide, we will take a look at the best brawlers for this game mode. We would also share some tips and tricks that will help you get better at this game mode.
Basket Brawl is a 3v3 game that pits the two teams in a brawlified version of Basket Ball. Unlike the other game modes, this is played in a shorter field and is a lot faster. The maps in this mode are horizontally long and short vertically unlike maps of the other game modes. The aim of the game mode is to score by putting the ball into the hoop. Originally the winning team was required to score 10 points but with a balance change, it was reduced to 5 points. If the scores are tied in the regulation time, there will be sudden death over time meaning that the first team to score wins. If both teams are unable to score in the overtime the match ends in a draw.
Brawl Stars Basket Brawl: Gameplay Mechanics
The mechanics are similar to brawl ball but rather than the hoop being stationary it keeps moving making it a lot difficult to score.
- The ball spawns in the middle at the start of the game. The team which was scored on will have access to the ball on respawning.
- There is a 6-tile outline radius around the hoops. Scoring from inside the semi-circle grants two points while 3 points are awarded on scoring outside the line.
- Throws with your normal attack have a range of 5 tiles and consume one bar of ammo while throws with Supers have a range of 6.67 tiles and uses up the Super similar to a superkick in Brawl Ball.
Brawl Stars Basket Brawl Guide: Tips and Tricks
- Passing the ball to a teammate who has a super is advised so they may make an easy three-pointer.
- To make baskets easier, aim shots vertically while the basket is moving towards you. Shooting while the hoop is moving away is very difficult. In case there is a need for you to shoot while the hoop is moving away the way to score is to aim your shot further away while when the hoop is approaching you the projectile should be short.
- The hoops move at a constant speed in either direction and after playing Basket Brawl multiple times players will get used to the speed of the hoop. Analyze the direction in which the hoop is moving and aim your shot when the hoop is near the edge of the dotted line marking the semi-circle. Using this trick will allow you to score a three-pointer with a normal attack saving your super.
- Scoring from the sides of the semi-circle increases the chances of scoring over the attempts made from the front of the basket therefore always try to score from the sides.
- It is always much easier to score when there are fewer enemies. Hence a viable strategy is to try to pick two brawlers who will try to eliminate the enemy while the third brawler sneaks in to score.
- Avoid auto-aimed shots as much as possible while trying to score since the moving hoops make it a lot hard to score.
Best Brawlers for Brawl Stars Basket Brawl
In Basket Brawl since the maps are shorter brawlers who have high health and/or high damage per second will thrive. Additionally brawlers with knockback and slow abilities, high mobility will also do good. Since the map is very small and on respawn there are only 33% ammo available brawlers with high reload speed will be great. Brawlers who have multiple of these abilities will naturally be the best brawlers for this model.
Darryl is one of the best brawlers in this mode since he can abuse the small maps to his advantage to get up close and personal to eliminate enemies. With his super, he becomes a threat to brawlers with low health or ammo and can burst them down instantly. His Super can also be used to knock the ball out of an enemy’s grasp.
Fang is a strong brawler who thrives in solo battles and has high mobility with his super. His gadget Roundhouse kick stuns opponent brawlers which comes in handy to stop them from scoring.
With the recent buffs, Griff is one of the best counters to tanks and other high health brawlers. He has a very wide super which can cover a large part of the map giving your team control of the map.
Gale’s Super is incredibly useful against advancing heavyweights. Gale’s damage is also good for keeping the enemies in check. His Freezing Snow Star Power and gadget Twister provide huge value and help in denying the enemy to score. He also has fast reloaded speed and his attacks cover a large area
High damage, no reload issues, slowing gadget and super Bea has it all to make a great brawler for this mode. The only problem is her low health but pairs her with two high health brawlers and she instantly becomes a force to be reckoned with.
Colette is great at handling tanks and ranged brawlers. Her knockback provides insane value and she can easily chain her supers on these small maps. She also can charge her Super very quickly so she can get more 3-pointers easily. Her new gadget Gotcha! also gives her high survavibilty making her stay in battle for longer.
A great brawler to counter tanks, Emz can keep the enemies at bay with her widespread attacks which stay on the field for some time. Her super’s width covers a lot of area on the map and with her slowing ability, she aids her team to kill the enemies with ease. Her star power Hype provides insane value and allows her to be in the field longer. Her gadget Friendzoner gives her knockback ability making her one of the top picks.
High Mobility, good damage and charging super in one shot make Stu a great pick. Since his super charges so fast he can attempt 3 pointers far more times as compared to other brawlers.
Just like any other mode, this Brawl Stars Basket Brawl mode will also need some time to master. So keep practising!
For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Google News for quick updates.